FUS Partners is a new program of the Focused Ultrasound Foundation to foster relationships among focused ultrasound community members seeking assistance with FUS-related activities, including financing, partnerships, technology transfer, and academic research opportunities.
The program systematizes and formalizes activities in which the Foundation has already been engaging related to connecting the focused ultrasound start-up community and investors around the world. More broadly, FUS Partners aims to help accelerate the pace of focused ultrasound adoption worldwide, at a critical and exciting time when the field is at the beginning of the inflection point of the adoption curve and transitioning from research to commercial activity and mainstream use. The program will aid in addressing several unmet needs that continue to exist in the field: producing evidence/research; increasing awareness; ensuring collaboration among stakeholders within the FUS community; and raising capital.
The primary goals of FUS Partners include:
- producing a quantum change in the rate of FUS adoption as a mainstream standard of care
- growing and rationalizing the device manufacturers segment of the FUS community by providing capital and expertise and facilitating the consolidation of the industry
- supplementing the philanthropic funding stream of support for the Foundation
Foundation Value Proposition
The Foundation provides the following to the structure and capabilities of FUS Partners:
- our brand and reputation as a trusted and independent unbiased third party
- our knowledge base, information and data
- our network and community based on strong stakeholder relationships
- our organization including our team, board of directors, council and donors
- our ability to connect, convene and influence stakeholders
- maintains an understanding of manufacturers' current and future strategies, including potential financing and partnering needs
- maintains an awareness of investors interested in focused ultrasound (including venture capital firms, family offices, FUSF donors and other individuals, and operating companies) based on understanding their strategies and interests
- connects manufacturers and investors
- connects manufacturers with other manufacturers
- connects academic research laboratories with manufacturers for R&D collaboration and technology transfer
- assists with due diligence
Third party involvement in FUS Partners activities is completely voluntary. There is no formal process for inclusion/exclusion with the program. If you/your company has an interest in what we do and would like to discuss how we might support your needs, please just reach out with a phone call or email. Our team will set up a time to meet with you (in person or by phone) to discuss your interest/needs and how FUS Partners may be able to assist. From there we collaborate on a list of mutually approved actionable items and get to work.
All FUS Partner activities are done in service of accomplishing our mission – to accelerate the timeline to clinical adoption. Saving time = saving lives. FUS Partners does not make investments or provide investment advice and does not serve as a broker or otherwise receive any compensation for services. Third parties involved with FUS Partners activities from time to time may be solicited for donations to the Foundation as a way to grow the field and de-risk the commercialization aspects of the technology. All gifts are completely voluntary and any party may participate in FUS Partners activities regardless of giving status.
FUS Partners Resources for Entrepreneurs
We curate a collection of resources for entrepreneurs on a number of topics including business planning, raising capital, understanding VC, and regulatory matters. See the complete list of books, blogs, podcasts and other multimedia.
Managing Director: Emily White, MD
Responsible for day-to-day operation of the program
Oversight Committee, Foundation Board Members:
- Edward J. “Ned” Kelly, III, JD
- William A. Hawkins III
- Syaru Shirley Lin, PhD
- Frederic H. Moll, MD
Reviews lists of manufacturers and investors and monitors program's activities
Disclaimer FUS PARTNERS IS NOT (I) REGISTERED PURSUANT TO THE PROVISIONS OF THE SECURITIES EXCHANGE ACT OF 1934, AS AMENDED, AS A BROKER-DEALER, (II) REGISTERED AS A BROKER-DEALER IN ANY U.S. STATE; OR (III) A MEMBER IN GOOD STANDING OF THE U.S. FINANCIAL INDUSTRY REGULATORY AUTHORITY. FUS PARTNERS IS AFFILIATED WITH THE FOCUSED ULTRASOUND FOUNDATION, A NON-PROFIT 501(C)3 CHARITABLE ORGANIZATION AND ACKNOWLEDGES THAT IT SHALL BE NOT ENTITLED TO ANY CONSIDERATION IN RESPECT OF SERVICES IT PROVIDES. FUS PARTNERS (I) DOES NOT MAKE ANY RECOMMENDATION, REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THE ADEQUACY OR SUFFICIENCY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN ANY MATERIALS PROVIDED BY FUS PARTNERS OR OTHERWISE REGARDING A PARTY INTRODUCED BY FUS PARTNERS AND HAS NO RESPONSIBILITY TO UPDATE ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN OR IN ANY MATERIALS PROVIDED BY FUS PARTNERS; (II) HAS NOT ENDORSED OR MADE ANY RECOMMENDATIONS, REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO ANY PARTY INTRODUCED BY FUS PARTNERS; AND (III) IS NOT ACTING AS A FIDUCIARY OR IS PROVIDING INVESTMENT ADVICE IN ANY MANNER.